Controller (Reference Number: 2426)
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Windsor
Date Posted: 08.09.2019
Experience: Minimum of 5yrs
On behalf of our client, Lucas Professional Search Group is currently recruiting for a Controller to join a leading company. The main role of the Controller will be to direct financial activities and prepare financial analysis of the operation, providing the Sr. Leadership team with accurate and timely financial, costing and statistical information within established policies and the GAAP.
- Preparing month end and company financial statements
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise project and operating profitability and performance
- Make recommendations on accounting process and procedures and make improvement when necessary
- Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs and provides relevant support in review of upcoming opportunities and projects
- Directly supervises the employees in the accounting department and carries out all responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, directing work, disciplinary actions, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Prepares company budget, reviews proposals and arranges necessary supporting documentation.
- Assume accountability for audit review, tax planning and compliance with all federal, provincial or state and local government authorities
- Income tax, Sales tax, Property tax, Custom duties, etc.
- Forecasting – prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activities and financial positions in arears of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Provides management with analysis of operational cost and its variable drivers
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions
- Minimum 5 years‘ experience as a controller in a manufacturing facility
- Bachelor's Degree and completion of CA, CMA or CGA designation preferred
- Strong math and reasoning skills in order to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Proven Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Exposure to contracts
- Work requires Leadership skills & professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel; accounting software, payroll systems, and Internet
If you meet the above qualifications and have relevant experience please forward your resume to Lucas Professional Search Group to the attention of Janine Gaudette.
Share this Job:
Forward your resume, cover letter stating qualifications and salary expectations for this position.
Contact Name: Janine Gaudette