Purchasing/Material Planner (Reference Number: 2696)
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Windsor
Date Posted: 02.21.2019
Experience: 3-5 years relevant experience
Education: post secondary
Lucas Professional Search Group is currently recruiting for a Purchasing/Material Planner for a manufacturing facility in Windsor, ON.
This position is responsible for the purchase, planning and management of incoming raw materials and supplies into the Windsor facility while maintaining target levels and 100% material availability for production.
- Responsible for purchasing raw materials and supplies for use in production. This includes prompt, accurate entry of purchase orders, active supplier management & coordination with Logistics.
- Ensure order and supply levels are properly maintained for all required materials to maintain inventory levels within control zones
- Lead RFQ's and negotiate with suppliers to improve quality or cost savings for materials and supplies as assigned
- Ensure materials are 100% available for production. This includes forecasting inventory levels and working with suppliers to expedite or delay deliveries to optimize on-time material replenishment.
- Ensure SAP ERP system is up to date and reflects current delivery and quantity releases
- Independently perform marketing forecast evaluation/analysis in comparison with actual material consumption. Interact with global marketing through the S&OP process to discuss areas of concern
- Perform scenario analysis based on multiple demand profiles and implement appropriate risk mitigation strategies to ensure inventory remains within targeted levels in multiple locations.
- Develop and maintain strategic sourcing documents an acquire in depth subject matter expertise in a given category.
- Coordinate complex product change overs involving COO changes in viper by engaging VSO, IT and other departments with little supervision or support
- Support inventory management and planning activities remotely for multiple company facilities.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of business practices which facilitates effecting interactions with global marketing, operations, global / regional purchasing, accounts payable and finance.
- Coordinate and Plan daily inventory deliveries from 3 PL warehouse.
- Support and implement Supply Chain best practices and efficiency improvements
- Other duties will be assigned as required by supervisor and may vary depending on employee experience as well as production seasonality
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a technical area of relevancy or equivalent experience is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP
- 3 to 5 years' experience in purchasing/supplier management role
- Experience with inventory management and purchasing system
- Experience in managing supplier deliveries and invoice reconciliations
- Experience in managing quality issues and vendor returns
- PMAC or APICS education is considered an asset
- Experience in cost negotiation is considered an asset
- Contracting experience is considered an asset
- Experience in project coordination (ex. material changeovers) is considered an asset
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work accurately under time constraints
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel to vendor sites or other company locations if required
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision for extended periods of time
If you feel you meet the above qualifications and have relevant experiences, please forward your resume to Lucas Professional Search Group to the attention of Zahra Sherzay.
Share this Job:
Forward your resume, cover letter stating qualifications and salary expectations for this position.
Contact Name: Zahra Sherzay