Quality Engineer (Reference Number: 2704)
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Windsor
Date Posted: 05.06.2019
Experience: A minimum of 3 years in an automotive industry
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Lucas Professional Search Group is recruiting for a Quality Engineer for a top 100 supplier to global automotive OEM’s and manufacturing plastic fuel systems.
The main responsibility for this role is to test and inspect products to make sure they meet specified standards determined by the customer. The successful incumbent, will also be required to supervise the technicians and work closely with the other Engineers.
- Organize job assignments for department's quality functions
- Assist HR with developing requirements and activities for quality technicians to avoid any gaps
- Ensure that customers' requests and needs are being addressed and met
- Assist in the management of quality related issues with customers
- Ensure the implementation of adequate preventative and evaluation tools within the technician function such as FMEA, Poka Yoke, etc.
- Assist in the management of non-conforming products and controlling the "Quarantine" area
- Maintain the control of internal/external quality related documents and records
- Assist with ensuring all specific issues regarding EHS and quality are implemented and observed in line with OHSAS 18001 and IATF 16949
- Communicate and promote cooperation with other departments and plants in order to share experiences and achieve quality targets
- Ensure that processes needed for the customers are established, implemented and maintained as set forth by the QM
- Promote awareness of the importance of the key quality-related jobs
- Ensure knowledge about and compliance with Customer Specific Requirements throughout your team and if necessary define training measures.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an engineering in an automotive industry
- AITF 16949 experience is preferred
- Team and customer service base problem solving
- Auditing certification or training
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and business systems such as 6S standardized work, Kanban and visual management
If you are interested or know someone who may be and meet the requirements for this position, please forward your resume to Lucas Professional Search Group to the attention of Janine Gaudette.
Share this Job:
Forward your resume, cover letter stating qualifications and salary expectations for this position.
Contact Name: Janine Gaudette