Mechanical CAD Technologist (Reference Number: 2710)
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: London
Date Posted: 05.28.2019
Experience: 5+ relevant experience
Education: Completion of a two to three-year college program in engineering
Lucas Professional Search Group is looking for a Mechanical CAD Technologist to join our client in London, ON. You will be reporting to the Principal Engineer and supported by the Design Engineer.
- Preparing mechanical design documents and technical drawings for customer approval and fabrication
- Managing drafting tasks to support project due dates and schedules
- Ensuring drafting standards and processes are current and being followed
- Creating specifications, bill of materials, accurate layouts, detailed drawings, and assemblies
- Reproducing illustrations for reference manuals and technical sales publications
- Verifying and amending all work before review and release
- Researching and obtaining standards and codes required by the client to develop plans
- Completion of a two to three-year college program in engineering design and drafting technology
- Certification in engineering design and drafting technology or in a related field through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians
- Proficiency in modeling and drafting software is mandatory
- 5+ year experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Highly skilled with MS Office Suite programs to create reports and documents
- Experience with hoisting, rigging, shop fabrication, and welding practices is an asset
- Must be precise, have great verbal skills, be able to handle stress, be creative, be organized, and be able to meet deadlines.
If you feel you meet the above requirements and have relevant experiences, please forward your resume to Lucas Professional Search Group to the attention of Zahra Sherzay.
Share this Job:
Forward your resume, cover letter stating qualifications and salary expectations for this position.
Contact Name: Zahra Sherzay