Cost Accountant (Reference Number: 2723)
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Leamington
Date Posted: 08.26.2019
Experience: 2-3 years
On behalf of our client, Lucas Professional Search Group is currently recruiting for a Cost Accountant for a company in the Leamington, ON area. The successful incumbent in this role will be responsible and/or providing support for accounting/finance related activities.
- Play a significant role in the period-end close processes by owning assigned accounting processes, journal entries, and variance analysis
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and schedules, and be able to explain the activity to management
- Analyzes actual production costs versus standard costs and prepare reports of variances and recommends process changes to address any large purchase price or manufacturing variances.
- Conducts analysis on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for manufacturing and budget variance for manufacturing and labor efficiency, material usage and purchase prices.
- Support analytical needs including project analysis and variance reporting.
- Ensure all customer invoices and credits are processed and sent in a timely basis
- Develop and manage accounts receivable subledger and policies and procedures to assure timely collection of accounts receivables
- Support in maintaining compliance with internal controls
- Assistance for audit preparations/requests
- Assist management on additional ad hoc analysis or reporting as needed
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance, CPA preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate finance or accounting role
- Team-player, positive attitude, hard working
- Strong MS Excel skills (vlookups, pivot-tables, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and manage projects
- Experience working in Sage and/or NAV is preferred
If you meet the above qualifications and have relevant experience please forward your resume to Lucas Professional Search Group to the attention of Janine Gaudette.
Share this Job:
Forward your resume, cover letter stating qualifications and salary expectations for this position.
Contact Name: Janine Gaudette