Lucas Professional Search Group would like to thank our candidates & clients who partnered with us to fill the following outstanding professional & executive level positions:
Director of Corporate Services
Human Resources Manager
Business Development Representative
Congrats to our successful candidates on their new roles!
With offices in Mississauga (Head Office), London, Kitchener, Woodstock and Windsor – Lucas Professional Search Group has a great reach throughout Southwest Ontario.
As a Recruitment Partner I work with a lot of clients that are based in Windsor. Many of the candidates we recruit for that location are local to the Windsor area; however there are many candidates that we recruit from other locations who relocate to Windsor. One of the first questions I get from a potential candidate that is not based in Windsor is “Why Windsor”?
There are so many great reasons!
Windsor is a great place to live, work, play, raise a family, retire, etc. Windsor is a border city where within 30 minutes you can cross the border into the United States and have access to great shows, sporting events and great shopping. Over the last few years Windsor has made some positive additions including the Aquatic Centre, the Engineering Building with the University of Windsor, the addition of a new bridge which is still in progress and the airport hanger- just to name a few.
Compared to other cities, the cost of living in Windsor is competitive and affordable. One of the greatest things about Windsor is the sense of community. People who call themselves “Windsorites” do so with pride. They are happy to live in this city and are always looking to give back. Windsor has many very successful entrepreneurs and small business owners who make this city such a great place to live and work.
Why Windsor? The question should be why not?
Recruitment Partner, Lucas Professional Search Group
Recruiters and Headhunters are often asked about trends in recruiting. As we approach a brand new year, it might be a good time to take stock and reflect on what has changed and what hasn’t in terms of recruiting practices and processes.
Those of us who have spent a long time in the Recruiting field have certainly seen some changes in how top talent is sourced. How many of us could have possibly predicted the effect the internet would have on the job search process? Instead of combing through newspaper want-ads, job seekers are much more likely to turn to their computer for the most recent job postings. Resumes are most likely going to be sent and received electronically, and interviews may now even be held remotely via video conference or Skype.
Given that it is so easy to look for available jobs on the internet, is it still useful to meet with a Recruiter or Headhunter when it’s time to consider a career change or when you are searching for new talent for your organization?
A professional Recruiter can assist in numerous ways and offer the job seeker and the prospective employer many advantages:
- The Recruiter can help the job seeker refine their search and offer guidance and advice.
- Reputable Recruiters receive numerous unsolicited resumes from passive job searchers. These candidates may not be actively watching for job postings, but they trust the Recruiter to let them know when they are aware of positions that fit their specific criteria. Companies are unlikely to ever find these candidates on their own.
- Employers get to meet only truly qualified candidates, rather than spending a great deal of their precious time screening and interviewing applicants that are not a good fit for their organization.
- The Recruiter can speak to the prospective employer about the strengths and attributes of the candidate, and why they are such a good fit for the position, effectively acting as an expert marketer on their behalf.
- Working with a professional Recruiter, the job seeker and employer can gain some insights and techniques to manage the video interview process. For example, both parties can learn to speak into the camera, rather than directly at the screen – so they will not appear to be looking down throughout the conversation.
- The Recruiter can act as a valued intermediary between both parties to help negotiate salary and other terms and conditions.
Although a lot of the mechanical aspects of conducting a job search may have changed, the fundamentals remain the same. Employers are always looking for the very best talent and job seekers want to work for the very best companies. Mistakes are costly for both parties, and working with a professional Recruiter or Headhunter is still the best way of finding that all-important right fit between employer and candidate.
Lucas Professional Search Group
Being a good Headhunter is more than just finding qualified candidates for our customers and great organizations for our candidates to become a part of. It is also about giving back and being involved in the communities where we work.
At Lucas Professional Search Group our Recruitment Partners (Headhunters) are very involved in the communities where they work including Windsor, London, Kitchener and Toronto. We find it very important to give back to the communities that have been so great to us. All of our Recruitment Partners volunteer their time with various organizations and play a key role in making each community a better place to live and work.
Lucas Professional Search Group is actively involved in the Human Resources Professional Association, The Chamber of Commerce, Rotary International, Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Canada, The Heart and Stroke Foundation and 100 Women Who Care – just to name a few.
It is not a requirement for our Recruitment Partners to join such organizations; rather they do so because they are passionate about helping others and want to make a difference in the community. Being involved and giving back in the community is a large part of what makes our Recruitment Partners so successful – they all genuinely want to help people.
Whether you are a Headhunter or not, giving back is always an amazing way to help others in the community. Do you part and get involved! As they say…giving is always more important than receiving.
Recruitment Partner, Lucas Professional Search Group